Monday, July 21, 2008
Try this yummy chocolate macaroon recipe for a chewy treat!
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/2 c flour
2 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 1/2 c lightly packed flaked coconut, sweetened (if unsweetened, add about 1/4 c of sugar to recipe, to taste)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment or buttered foil.
3. Melt chocolate in microwave for 1 minute. Stir to completely melt it.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt.
5. Add coconut, mix well. Stir in melted chocolate, vanilla, and milk. Mix well, batter is stiff.
6. Drop by Tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake 45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then on wire rack.
May be frozen, but separate with waxed paper in an airtight container.
Makes approx 3 dozen (yeah right!)